Re: that darned accessibility capplet

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 19:49, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:26:19PM +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> >
> > OK, I need to do some experiments then; I am assuming that the Mouse
> > settings in question (double-click time, Cursors, acceleration,
> > drag-and-drop threshold) affect the MouseKeys "mouse" as well as the
> > physical mouse device.  Obviously some of these apply to MouseKeys as
> > well as the physical mouse, but maybe not all.
>
> In as much as the mousekeys move the mouse they are effected by some
> of the settings.  However, not things like acceleration.

Right.  The accessibility-relevant Mouse settings appear to be
Drag-and-Drop (as Calum mentions), cursor type, and the "locate cursor"
feature (which is especially helpful for low vision, or dim laptop
screens like mine.

I am not sure if this is enough reason to put a Mouse dialog launcher
here.  I would guess the launcher button would be preferable to
duplicating the controls.   An alternative might be moving the controls
in the Mouse/Cursors page to the Accessibility capplet, but that would
inconvenience other users.  I think the main objective is making sure
users who need accessibility realize that the mouse settings are
available, and making the mobility-related ones as easy to get to as
possible from the "Accessibility" capplet.

-Bill