Re: New gnome file selector

Raphael Bosshard wrote:

Hi there,

every once in a while this old question comes up again, doesn't it? But yes, i'd also like to have a new file-selector in gnome, and it looks very promising.

>Overall, functionally speaking the older version example 4 seemed the
>most functional overall to him as an end user.
Was also my impression.

As for the side-bar (folders, shortcuts, recent) i'd like to see the same mechanism used for the evolution-shortcuts and the galeon-preferences instead of nautilus-tabs. Anyone knows what it is called? Also "tabs"?

Yeah, this is exactly what I am thinking too. The only other thing I would like to see is some space for a "preview" of files, for things like thumnails of pics or pdf/ps files and other common format files that we can do this sort of thing for.

Shortcuts maybe user-defined?

So long,
Raphael