Re: lock down features

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:49:20PM -0800, George Farris wrote:

> It's OK Jeff, I'm allowed to be frustrated:-)  But I remember having
> this discussion two or three times in the past and from memory GConf was
> going to do all this.

GConf wasn't going to "do all this," it was going to let you lock down
specific settings, and it does. (Though some apps are ill-behaved and
pop up annoying error dialogs when you change settings instead of
disabling widgets so you can't change them, still the settings do not
get changed.)

What I'm talking about goes beyond locking down specific settings, the
issue is disabling *features*. GNOME 1.x panel let you do this a
little bit, but there has never been discussion of a general solution.

Of course it's important, that's why I brought it up.

Havoc