Re: [G2R] Re: gtk+ 2.0.4 release?
- From: Mikael Hallendal <micke codefactory se>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, GNOME2 Release Team <gnome2-release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [G2R] Re: gtk+ 2.0.4 release?
- Date: 13 Jun 2002 13:55:25 +0200
tor 2002-06-13 klockan 12.05 skrev Michael Meeks:
> Hi Owen,
Michael, first of all, Gtk+ isn't GNOME. I can't see why Gtk+ should be
restricted by the GNOME freeze. It's like freezing glibc just because we
want to get our release out.
We already have Glib/Gtk+/Pango/... that is Good Enough for GNOME 2.0.0.
If the Gtk+ theme breaks something by accident in 2.0.X we have 2.0.3
which is already tested and works fine. So it's not as big a problem as
if gnome-panel 2.0.0 breaks something. There already are stable releases
of all of the Gtk+ packages.
Gtk+ is widely used outside GNOME and they have to meet demands on bug
fixes from those users too. I don't think those users would much
appreciate the answer, "We can't fix it because a big user of ours is in
Mikael Hallendal micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB http://www.codefactory.se/
Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05 Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918
] [Thread Prev