Re: [G2R] Re: gtk+ 2.0.4 release?

Hi Owen,

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 20:26, Owen Taylor wrote:
> It simply doesn't make sense for me to do a GTK+ release without
>
>  a) Spending at least a few hours looking at bugzilla for
>     critical stuff.

	Which reminds me ... it looks[1] like Gtk+ is not complying with the
freeze guidelines, which are that anything committed to the branch
intended for gnome 2.0.0 must be approved first by the release team.

	My feeling is that not understanding how frustrating it is having to go
through the release team before committing anything, leads to a
difference of opinion as to our future branching strategy as well (
incidentally ).

	So - anyway, can you confirm that the gtk+ team is aware of the freeze
and abiding by it ? or is there some special dispensation I'm un-aware
of for you.

	Regards,

		Michael.

[1] - from a casual glance at gtk+/Changelog, and analysing your
comment, it's supposed to be really onerous to slip in a few 'critical'
bits from bugzilla at the last minute before a release.