Re: [Fwd: Re: File Selector talk notes -- one other suggestion]

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 22:58, Ben FrantzDale wrote:
> Along the same lines, I distinctly remember a feature that was being
> demoed early on for OSX but which I think has been removed since.
>
> The feature essentially applied drag & save using the titlebar icon as
> the drag point. I believe this can also be done in Windows NT4 for
> explorer windows.
>
> Basically, the icon for a window corresponded to a drag point for the
> file contained in that window.
>
> (I'm not sure what the rationale for the removal was but I thought it
> was very interesting.)

Well, don't forget that "drag to save" completely breaks accessibility,
as far as I know. You need some alternative for those unable to mouse
around with dexterity.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton