Re: Control Center Behavior

> 1. Settings moved as a separate main menu beside actions instead of
> integrated into the programs menu.
> 2. The shell cc as the default launched from a launcher on the panel and
> from within the menus.
> 3. The Nautilus version accessible via preferences:// and start-here
> - this could also provide a way to modify the cc(when menu editing
> works?)
>
> The main reasoning behind prefering the --use-shell version is:
> 1. It looks better and simpler, and is easier to understand.
> 2. It has sepporate panes for launchers and settings which is much more
> intuitive and eliminates confusion and disoriatation caused by the
> nautilus version.
> 3. It loads faster.
>
> IMHO it already works well so why do we have to integrate it - just
> because everyone else is intagrating everything doesnt mean that we have
> to change things that already work.

OK - everyone has gotten realy hung up on the idea of this being based
on a "vote" - i started the vote to get an idea of what ppl thought of
what were my ideas - the vote was really inimportant - what mattered was
the actual discussion.

So lets not worry about who voted where - these are MY opinons being out
forward by ME so if your going to flame anyone for having bad ideas
flame me.

--

 	|						|