Re: GNOME 2.2 screenshots

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 02:27, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> If we could switch each module on its own time, we would have dumped
> 1.4 ages and ages ago. Because switching would be really easy, since
> we wouldn't have to cause any pain/breakage in order to do it; we'd
> just say "you have to install all the automakes" and then things would
> Just Work for people and the packages could use a mix of automakes.

I really fail to see the problem here. I and guess yourself is currently
running Red Hat 7.3. To run autogen.sh for GStreamer I just specify
--with-automake=/usr/bin/automake-1.5

I am having trouble seeing why this can't be done with the rest of GNOME
also.

I also noticed in the RH beta that you use automake-1.6 as default so my
guess is that you guys at Red Hat needs to get GNOME working with that
sooner rather than later anyway.

Christian