Re: NautilusView lifecycle

On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 10:43, Rodney Dawes wrote:
Personally, I would like to see NautilusView die in favor of using a
BonoboControl with a defined interface API for Nautilus embedding.
Things that didn't follow the defined API would not get progress shown
with the throbber, and various other little things. Though, I doubt
that anything like this will happen. :-/
NautilusView is what you describe.  It is a bonobo control, with a defined interface for doing the extra stuff needed (like the throbber, navigation, etc).  When you embed a regular bonobo control in nautilus that also implements PersistFile or something (like eog), you don't get the throbber stuff (IIRC).  How is what you want different from this?

Thanks,
James