Re: CD burning in gnome

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 17:13, John McCutchan wrote:
> You misunderstood me, I am not saying that nautilus should perform
> the role of a backup tool, I am saying that gnome-vfs should treat
> this xml file format just like say a tar archive. So in nautilus
> if you did open up a CD session, it would be treated just like a folder.
> when I said that nautilus would only add new files when you dragged
> the files to it I just meant that nautilus would prompt you and say:
> "File already exists" just like any other folder. More advanced
> tools could use the gnome-vfs interface to this xml document and
> do complicated actions associated with backup tools, etc.

Stop talking about it using the conditional tense. Alex Larsson has
already done this work in the form of burn:
It's available in nautilus-cd-burner and needs development versions of
glib, gnome-vfs and nautilus to work.

BTW, don't send him feature requests without patches if you don't want
to hit his kill file ;)

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault