Re: [Fwd: Post-It Notes....uhm, no.]

You can use it if you like, but, you're going to have to call it something
else.

"Post-It" is a Trademark.

http://www.3m.com/legal.jhtml

Anyway, in the interest of saving precious development time, I've gone ahead
and extrapolated the next week's discussion regarding this issue. Hopefully
you'll be able to find something else to talk about instead, since that
seems to be the number one issue holding you guys back from discussing
something original for a change.

  Havoc: "Uh-oh! We're infringing on 3M's trademark! Quick, lets call it
something so obfuscated that it becomes funny to us, and who's name will be
unrecognizable to 90% of our users! Lets call it gStickyClown. Ok, great.
Lets move on."

  Everyone: "No, wait! Lets call it gStickyNotePadThing!"

  Havoc: "No. Thats too long. I like The Matrix. Lets call it gNeo and
incorporate this new Keanu widget I made."

  Everyone: "No! Lets put it to a vote. Here are my suggestions...blahblah
blah blah blah."

(..a week later..)

  Havoc: "blahblah blah. Ok then. It's settled. We'll call it gStickyKeanu."

Perhaps you're beginning to see what I mean now...For all the goddamn time
you spend hemming and hawing and trying to mimic everyone else's ideas, you
could have come up with something better on your own. Instead, you're
relegating the project to a perpetual 2nd Place showing, trying to push what
amounts to a collection of flea-market knockoffs with nothing new to add.

I mean, has it occured to _anyone_ here that the purpose and function of a
"Post-It note" is already encompassed by like *three* or *four* other
applications? Why are you people even having this conversation?

Unbelievable...the degree that some people are willing to go to, just to
avoid having to _think_ for a change...

Cheers,
Bowie