Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 13:50, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> [1] I am avoiding the use of the terms "viewport" or "workspace" because
> I think that by this point we have agreed that they are crackrock
> concepts and using either of them would confuse the discussion.  So I am
> using "virtual desktop" instead.

And to add some more thoughts, the current window list in the foobar got
changed at the wrong level of abstraction.

It should group things as

	Window A on the current desktop
	Window B on the current desktop
	[Iconified window C on the current desktop]
	-------------------------------------------   <- separator
	Window D on another desktop
	Window E on another desktop

Right now it seems to separate things by "workspaces", and I happen to
be using "viewports".  This is stupid.  With either crack-laden scheme I
can only see certain windows at once, e.g. the ones in my current
desktop, and all others should be separated --- the window list should
not care whether the window manager is smoking crack or if it is on
acid, it should just know that it's on drugs.

Dum de dum.

  Federico