Re: default background

On 19 Apr 2002, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

> Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just making RPMs of gnome 2, and noticed that our default desktop
> > background is really bad. tigert, jimmac - maybe you can save us?
>
> I was hoping to get a set of maybe 5-10 nice background images we can
> ship with the control-center for GNOME 2.0.  Roman was kind enough to
> set up a couple to consider at:
>
>   http://www.gnome.org/~roman/GNOME/
>
> Maybe some other people can come up with other images we can add to the
> list, so we can get a good background package to ship.  We also have the
> tiles that ship with nautilus.
>
> What format/quality/size should we ship?  Those are currently 1600x1200.
> Do we want anything else?  How well do those images scale?

I would like some that are not as heavy on the Gnome logo/name. It makes
them look a bit fanboyish.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an old-fashioned umbrella-wielding barbarian with nothing left to lose.
She's a plucky hypochondriac bodyguard who dreams of becoming Elvis. They
fight crime!