Re: default background

Those images are nice, I just have a couple comments..

1) There shouldn't be any artist signature in the image like the "STAR"
   I find it ugly, and we could credit the artists somewhere else.
   Also I don't think other OS's ship background images with artist
   tags in it.

2) All of these images have the word/logo of GNOME in it, I think
   we need to have some more generic ones I personally hate having a background
   that has a logo/text in it. Photographs/Art that look professional
   but don't have the GNOME logo would provide an alternative. Also
   most of the background images included in other OS's don't include
   their logo. With windows XP there is only 1/2 background images
   with the Windows logo in them, I am not sure about MacOSX but I bet
   its similar.

I think with those two things the backgrounds would seem much more
profesional.

On another note, Has anyone looked into setting up some default paths
for control center to look for background images, users need to have
a transparent way of selecting background images from say
/usr/share/gnome/backgrounds and say ~/Documents/Pictures/.
Is it possible with gnome-vfs to build up a list of background images
from paths provided in gconf?

John