Re: default background

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just making RPMs of gnome 2, and noticed that our default desktop
> background is really bad. tigert, jimmac - maybe you can save us?

I was hoping to get a set of maybe 5-10 nice background images we can
ship with the control-center for GNOME 2.0.  Roman was kind enough to
set up a couple to consider at:

  http://www.gnome.org/~roman/GNOME/

Maybe some other people can come up with other images we can add to the
list, so we can get a good background package to ship.  We also have the
tiles that ship with nautilus.

What format/quality/size should we ship?  Those are currently 1600x1200.
Do we want anything else?  How well do those images scale?

Thanks,
 -Jonathan