Re: default background

> Also, what happened to that splash screen contest we were having?

Hum, I guess it kinda lost some interest. I put together a list of
possible splash screens [not all of them quite suitable] at -

	http://www.gnome.org/~gman/splash

Actually, what would be useful is if someone with some graphical talent
could decide whether we should go with artwork or photography for the
splash screen that would be great. Ximian, I think, have traditionally
gone for photography and that has worked really well and I'm of the
opinion that we should follow their lead on this one.

I guess though that most of the distributions are going to replace these
images as part of their branding...but yeah, it sure would be nice to
have something a little less assy.

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)