Re: [Usability] Re: Control-center styles

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 02:46:55AM -0600, Gregory Merchan wrote:

> >                                             . . . And some dialogs
> > can't be transients simply because there is no window to be
> > transient for.
>
> Then why did it appear? What dialog could the user have requested
> that does not have a parent window?

The most recent example of this was the dialog window that popped up on
a Mac to tell me that "A TCP/IP address conflict has been detected...".

I suppose you could claim that this window should have been transient
for the root window, or that it was some type of window other than a
dialog, but from my naive Mac user perspective, it sure looked like a
parentless dialog window.

-- John Kodis.