Re: Control-center styles

<quote who="Gregory Merchan">

> Actually, Jeff wrote that bracketed bit, not me. And he was talking
> about something else - file selection dialogs.

More about getting off-topic, airy-fairy threads off desktop-devel. :)

> Actually, you don't. The GtkDialog widget must not be used for any
> instant-apply windows. Instant-apply windows are not dialogs and should
> not hint to the window manager that they are such.

I think you're going to have to explain why you see such a sharp difference
between dialogues and instant-apply or "utility" windows.

The way a dialogue box works is familiar enough already; what advantages
come with your changes? Do they outweigh familiarity (both across the
interface, and from previous experience)?

- Jeff

--
   You know the end is nigh when modern art is relegated to the status of
                                  "meme".