Re: [Deskbar] Bling

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 17:25 +0200, Mirco M�wrote:
> Greetings everybody!
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 27.09.2006, 12:13 +0200 schrieb Rapha�Slinckx:
>
> > > Cool! Is he by any chance on this ml (I think he safely could be, as we
> > > are not exactly high-traffic)? Mirco?
>
> I am now.

Cool! Welcome :-D

> > > I've actually been toying around with some loose ideas lately, I'll see
> > > if I can come up with something concrete.
> >
> > Here is what mirco proposes as an initial mockup and the mail sent
> > along...
>
>         Here's a less Vista-ish and more Tango-compliant (at least
> color-wise) revision someone based on my inital try:
>
>         http://macslow.thepimp.net/shots/deskbar-mockup-2.png
>         http://macslow.thepimp.net/shots/deskbar-mockup-2.svg

I like that mockup better than your first.

>         I would still like to see this getting tweaked or totally
> revamped by the Tango-project people. It still has an alien feel to it.

Yeah. First of it should respect theming in some way, I'm not sure about
how that would be done with a "multi-color-layout"...

If we are going to do a serious revamp than I totally agree that we
should have somebody with real usability experience involved.

Other considerations include whether or not we should stick with a
treeview for layout. It has a lot of limitations, but also saves us a
lot of tricky coding...

One idea could be to use expanders as category headers (stacked in a
vbox) and then we could have funky layout inside the expanders...

I'm still pondering about my own ideas... Stay tuned :-D

Cheers,
Mikkel