Re: [Deskbar] Bling

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 00:41 +0100, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> On 9/26/06, Rapha�Slinckx <raphael slinckx net> wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > I contacted MacSlow, of
> > cairo/bling/opengl/choose-your-favorite-hype-effect-renderer fame. I
> > asked if he would do us an UI which would be more blingy, like
> > gnome-launch-box or quicksilver on MacOSX.
> >
> > He agreed !

Cool! Is he by any chance on this ml (I think he safely could be, as we
are not exactly high-traffic)? Mirco?

I've actually been toying around with some loose ideas lately, I'll see
if I can come up with something concrete.

> Nice. :)
>
> Are there already mockups of ths stuff around? I'd like to look at
> what current thinking is on this.
>
> sil

Well... You might might be able to launch "popup mode" with the --popup
switch (I can't remember if we disabled it somewhere...). It is a bit
rough in the edges, but you'll get the idea (alt-f2 replacement).

Cheers,
Mikkel