[Deskbar] Re: Python applets [Was: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet]

Le lundi 24 octobre 2005 �2:40 +0800, Davyd Madeley a �it :
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 08:37:41PM +0200, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Davyd Madeley">
> >
> > > I would also love to see the ability to write GNOME Applets in Python be
> > > an officially supported part of 'Desktop'.
> >
> > The only thing in the way of that is the placement of the applet bindings in
> > gnome-python-extras (which is not in the Bindings or Desktop suites). That's
> > just a complication though. Not a suggestion, but would it make sense to put
> > these bindings in gnome-panel, much like the vte bindings are in vte?
>
> Certainly a viable suggestion. It will also allow for the easy
> addition of further bindings when people get started on that
> mysterious 2nd generation applets API.
>
> Vincent, thoughts?

That's not a problem for me, but what about other bindings? It feels a
bit weird integrating python bindings in the panel and leave all other
bindings live somewhere else...

Also, I don't think libpanel-applet is the platform. So integrating the
bindings for it in an official binding like gnome-python is somewhat
weird since the binding would be API-frozen while libpanel-applet would
not (I don't think we want to break the API, though).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�