[Deskbar] Re: Python applets [Was: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet]

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 08:37:41PM +0200, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Davyd Madeley">
> > I would also love to see the ability to write GNOME Applets in Python be
> > an officially supported part of 'Desktop'.
> The only thing in the way of that is the placement of the applet bindings in
> gnome-python-extras (which is not in the Bindings or Desktop suites). That's
> just a complication though. Not a suggestion, but would it make sense to put
> these bindings in gnome-panel, much like the vte bindings are in vte?

Certainly a viable suggestion. It will also allow for the easy
addition of further bindings when people get started on that
mysterious 2nd generation applets API.

Vincent, thoughts?

Davyd Madeley

08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA