[Deskbar] Re: Python applets [Was: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet]

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 08:37:41PM +0200, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Davyd Madeley">
>
> > I would also love to see the ability to write GNOME Applets in Python be
> > an officially supported part of 'Desktop'.
>
> The only thing in the way of that is the placement of the applet bindings in
> gnome-python-extras (which is not in the Bindings or Desktop suites). That's
> just a complication though. Not a suggestion, but would it make sense to put
> these bindings in gnome-panel, much like the vte bindings are in vte?

Certainly a viable suggestion. It will also allow for the easy
addition of further bindings when people get started on that
mysterious 2nd generation applets API.

Vincent, thoughts?

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA