Re: Desktop Search Hackfest

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Debajyoti Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
> Hey Max,
>
>> I am thinking about joining in order to help hacking on the beagle side
>> of things. So far it looks like Kevin is the only one joining for
>
> Kevin and Lukas have signed up till now. Unfortunately most of the other
> people who are involved with the project wont be able to make it. I didnt
> email the list since there were not a lot of people who were participating
> lately; so I wasnt sure if people are at all interested.
Yeah, I've been meaning to apologize for this, I recently started a
company, and its been a huge timesuck. We do datamining though, and
have used beagle components, some patches which could probably be
cleaned up and shared. its just a lack of time ATM.

>> beagle. Are there any thoughts on the concrete coding tasks proposed on
>> the wiki - what should we focus on etc?
>
> I missed Kevin on the IRC today, but I think it would be wise to take
> advantage of the fact that other desktop search devs would be there (looks
> like full team for Strigi/Nepomuk and Tracker). I have a few stray thoughts
> in mind, not much.
>
> * Someone was proposing a sort of test-suite with lots of sample files and a
> database of what works and to what extent. There is already a bunch of files
> in svn/trunk/beagle/testing/files but we never managed to create a proper
> test suite. If you all can decide a common test suite then that will help all
> the projects. It will also help the developers in improving their
> filters/analyzers.
Certainly, this is already a pretty high-up goal for the hackfest

> * A gnome-do plugin would be good and a krunner plugin would be good. You dont
> really need to be at the hackfest to do these though :-)

Yeah, the more likely route would be to write an xesam plugin then use
that to help troubleshoot/test our beagle xesam support.