Re: need help with testing: GMail live search

> Okay I have this running on Fedora 8 using Beagle 0.3.5 - it seems to work
> but the plaintext password thing, please tell me that will be replaced with
> gnome-keyring integration (yeah I know that sucks for KDE users but till we
> get a DE independant way to store these that is the best idea I have for
> safely storing the password and having it unlocked with the users session
> for the beagle process only).

Yes, I have already received objections on that front :-(. I had that in mind
too ... but there are a couple of limitations:
- Requiring either gnome keyring or kde wallet support. Though I mildly prefer
the but it is hard to use from C# as their C# bindings are incomplete.
- I can avoid by asking the password directly but to get input from the user I
need to show a dialog box - the daemon should not require X to run

If I add this feature to svn, then I will probably make it a separate dll and
a separate conf file; distributions can package it separately.

beagle / KDE / Mandriva / Inspiron-1100