Re: Opera backend for Beagle

Hi Kevin,

> The backend basically works not unlike the old gaim backend. On
> startup it loads a history file (actually an index of on-disk cache
> elements, but close enough) and stores a in-memory representation of
> it, this is generally a fast and light operation. Then, we get an
> enumerator of all the cachefiles mentioned and their source, and
> proceed to index the content (this part is throttled by the daemon).
>
> The question is, is it ok to do the history file reading like this, or
> should I break that up? Along the same line, once I have the

The way the history file is currently read looks ok to me. This is
essentially how most backends work - they read the summary and then
one by one index the actual content. What are the alternatives ?

> enumerator for the history file, should I dispose of the object
> representation (on inotify events we reconstruct/reload it).

I see no reason to hold on to the summary object once you have no need
for it. Am I missing something ?
Also, somewhere in the code, there should be extra care to handle
cases where a new indexing request comes during initial indexing.