Re: beagle-search: Showing the top 2 of 3 total matches

Hi,

On 3/30/07, Felix E. Klee <felix klee inka de> wrote:
Beagle-search often doesn't show all search results.  Sometimes it says
something like showing the top 12 of 36 matches, and IIRC I've also seen
it saying something like "Showing the top 2 of 3 total matches".

There's a decent chance here that the beagle-search UI doesn't know
how to display that third result.  One way to check this is to run the
search using the beagle-query command line client and seeing if you
get 3 hits.

BTW, maybe the problem is due to a broken beagle database? Recently, I
moved it to a different partition, and during that process some files
didn't make it (IIRC because disk space maxed out - I later increased
it).  Carelessly assuming that beagle will fix it's database by itself,
I just ignored what had happened.  What's a good way to reset the
database?

You can delete your ~/.beagle/Indexes directory, but as long as the
paths are the same it shouldn't matter.