Re: beagle-search: Showing the top 2 of 3 total matches

Felix E. Klee wrote:
> Beagle-search often doesn't show all search results.  Sometimes it says
> something like showing the top 12 of 36 matches, and IIRC I've also seen
> it saying something like "Showing the top 2 of 3 total matches".
>
> How can I tell beagle-search to always give me access to all search
> results?  Often I've hundreds of emails that match, and after those
> email files (MH format, file names consist only of digits), I should get
> what I'm looking for.

I had been annoyed by this too.

And why does it first show "showing all 0 matches" or sometimes
"showing all n matches" only to replace this with a much higher
match count a bit later? This is a) wrong and b) confusing as hell.

Also, I hate the way how the search results are shown in the
beagle-search GUI.
Why can't I configure this to show me a proper list instead of
this clumsy, hard-to-use multi-column, multi page view?

The list could then contain, depending on what the user wants,
more or less information (arranged in columns with matching documents
in rows) and allow re-sorting in the standard way
by clicking on the column headers, as one is used to from
countless other apps.