beagle causing high load when X not active?

Judging from shallow observations, I suspect that beagle causes a higher
load on the system when X (on vt07) that it's running in, is not active.
This may happen, for example, when the system is in text mode or when I
work in a second instance of X (on vt08).

I heard that beagle indexes much more when the screen saver is turned on
(I don't use one), and maybe the effect I'm observing is related.

How can I tell beagle to never assume that the system is idle?

--
Felix E. Klee
Jabber: feklee jabber org, SIP: 9779619 sipgate de, Skype: felix.klee