Re: newbie questions

Hi Nagyon,

> We won't be rewriting it in C because, well, it's a large project that
> is already something like 80,000 lines of C#.  Memory issues with Beagle
> are bugs in Beagle alone and have little to do with the fact that it's
> not an ELF binary.
And if you are using the "normal" ubuntu edgy package (beagle 0.2.9) you
probably still have a lot of those bugs. I guess feisty will ship newer
packages or you might try to compile some yourself. There is a 0.2.16
backport available here:
http://beagle-project.org/files/ubuntu/edgy/

so adding

deb http://beagle-project.org/files/ubuntu/edgy/ ./

to your /etc/apt/sources.list will allow you to download a more current
version with a lot of bugs fixed and thus less memory hungry.

Max