Re: Deleting indexed items

> It depends on the backend. E.g. for web history backends, eternity.
> For feed backends, (I think) as long the feedreader keeps them.

Is this a good policy? Every browser does have a "delete private data"
button. Ok, you won't use beagle on a foreign system. But if the foreign
system uses beagle? It appears strange to me that on the one hand every
browser does have this option and beagle stores your browsing history
for eternity.

Current behaviour is not due to any policy :-) but lack of
implementation. I feel several things should be done
(1) Expire webhistory data in beagle after some time (user configurable)
(2) Provide API and standard tool to let users delete specific items
(3) Anything else in this line ... e.g. show these options in the GUI

beagle-master-delete somewhat satisfies (2). Rest is not implemented.
Needless to say, any help in this direction is most welcome.