Re: Deleting indexed items

I just wanted to know if there is any way to delete items that are
indexed by beagle. For example mails that are deleted yet or websites I
visited with Firefox or Opera and I don't want them to be in the index.

Couple of months ago, a beagle-master-delete command line tool (or
something similar name) was added to beagle trunk that allows anyone
to delete any item from the index. It has not made it into any release
yet and I am not sure if it has any man page or wiki entry. Quoting
from memory, its used as "beagle-master-delete uri" where uri is the
_exact_ uri of the item (e.g. as reported by beagle-query).

I have no problem with files as beagle seems to recognize it almost
immediately if I delete a file. I don't know how beagle handles the
Feed-Entries. How long are they stored in the index? As long as my
newsreader keeps them?

It depends on the backend. E.g. for web history backends, eternity.
For feed backends, (I think) as long the feedreader keeps them.