Re: Showing All Matches

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 17:10 -0500, Debajyoti Bera wrote:
> > > No, and by default the limit is 100 hits per backend.  There was a bug
> > > recently where "invalid" documents (ie, ones that were in the index but
> > > no longer on disk, but that hadn't been removed for whatever reason)
> > > were being returned as part of the total count.  I believe dBera fixed
> > > that for 0.2.16, however.
> >
> > Hmmm... well if that bug is the cause of the "23 out of 24" situation
> > then apparently it's still in 0.2.16. On my openSuSE 10.2 system, I'm
> > running version 0.2.16.2-5.1 of beagle. More specifically, it's the
> > beagle package from your repository.
>
> 1) Can you check if beagle-query does the same ?
>
> 2) Are all the results from files backend ? In that case, run beagled as
>
> $ BEAGLE_DEBUG_FSQ=1 beagled ...
>
> Then issue a query and see what gets printed on terminal.

OK...

1) I ran beagle-query with the same search terms, my wife's name and her
brother's name. As you recall, beagle-search returns "the top 23 out of
24 total matches." Beagle-query returns 23 matches with no mention of a
24th.

2) Not all the results are from the files backend. Some are from the
evolution backend. Some come from the Firefox plugin. Still, I shutdown
beagled, set BEAGLE_DEBUG_FSQ=1 and restarted beagled. Then I ran the
terms through beagle-query once again. I got exactly the same results.
23 matches were displayed on the terminal. No other information was
displayed.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.
PGP Key Id: 9E1125E0