Re: Showing All Matches

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 16:34 -0500, Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 16:11 -0500, Rick Friedman wrote:
> > That makes sense. I can see how limiting the number of matches displayed
> > would help. However, I just entered my wife's name and my
> > brother-in-law's name into the search box. beagle-search just returned
> > the "top 23 of 24 matches." Why limit something like that? Is showing
> > "only" 23 out of 24 matches really that much faster than showing all 24?
>
> No, and by default the limit is 100 hits per backend.  There was a bug
> recently where "invalid" documents (ie, ones that were in the index but
> no longer on disk, but that hadn't been removed for whatever reason)
> were being returned as part of the total count.  I believe dBera fixed
> that for 0.2.16, however.

Hmmm... well if that bug is the cause of the "23 out of 24" situation
then apparently it's still in 0.2.16. On my openSuSE 10.2 system, I'm
running version 0.2.16.2-5.1 of beagle. More specifically, it's the
beagle package from your repository.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.
PGP Key Id: 9E1125E0