Re: Showing All Matches

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 16:11 -0500, Rick Friedman wrote:
> That makes sense. I can see how limiting the number of matches displayed
> would help. However, I just entered my wife's name and my
> brother-in-law's name into the search box. beagle-search just returned
> the "top 23 of 24 matches." Why limit something like that? Is showing
> "only" 23 out of 24 matches really that much faster than showing all 24?

No, and by default the limit is 100 hits per backend.  There was a bug
recently where "invalid" documents (ie, ones that were in the index but
no longer on disk, but that hadn't been removed for whatever reason)
were being returned as part of the total count.  I believe dBera fixed
that for 0.2.16, however.