Re: beagle-crawl-system: include pdf and question

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 08:03 -0600, Pat Double wrote:
> Do you think *.pdf should be included in the default crawl-documention config
> for the static indicies?

Yeah, this makes sense.  Feel free to add it.

> Also, I moved the crawl script to /etc/cron.weekly instead of /etc/cron.daily.
> These files will only be updated when software is installed/updated/removed,
> so I don't think daily is necessary. Should this be changed, or let it be up
> to the distro?

I'm not so sure about this one.  I can see arguments for it both ways,
but my inclination is to leave this up to the distros.  The crawl rules
are largely examples, and the distros should customize, add, and remove
them as they see fit.

The ideal situation I think would be to set a dirty flag on package
installation if files are installed into /usr/share/doc and have the
documentation indexer run nightly and only update if the docs have
changed at all.  Unfortunately this requires changes to the distro's
packages, which is always an uphill battle.