Re: Find identical files

Hey,

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 19:18 +0800, Ben Lau wrote:
>     Is there anyway to find identical files through beagle? Two files
> are considered as identical if their size and content(may be just
> simply the MD5SUM) are the same but their name may be different.

There's no way to do this right now, but it's a good idea.  We don't do
anything with md5sums right now because that's an expensive operation
that can take quite a while on large files.

We might be able to do it for something like the last 4k of a file, and
compare that and the file size.  It's not exact but it's probably good
enough.

In any case, feel free to file that as an enhancement request, and
patches are always welcome. :)

Thanks,