Re: Working With Conduit

On Dec 5, 2007 9:46 AM, John Carr <john carr unrouted co uk> wrote:

> > Ok. If I understand you correctly, you are proposing some kind of Conduit
> > backend (or meta-backend if you will), which supplies data to beagle from all
> > the different sources that Conduit handles. I think it is possible to do
> > something like this. Either by using libbeagle or python bindings to send
> > data to beagle from Conduit or pulling data from Conduit from beagled itself.
> > Care has to be taken because Conduit and beagle might not be started at the
> > same time, but I dont see logically this can be done.
> >
> > - dBera
> >

> That about covers it. kkubasik suggested python-beagle, which I have
> been experimenting with a little bit. Looking very handy so far.
>
> I'm going to create a few prototypes and then i'll be back with
> another part of my plan :-)

As you narrow in, there is a good chance we will need more special
query keywords (or mappings) (you can list all of them with a
beagle-query --keywords) , so just something to keep in mind as we
examine new sources of data. A super-outdated/incomplete list of the
metadata we index and what dc naming we give it can be found in the
wiki at http://beagle-project.org/Metadata_model Just a point of
reference.

Cheers!
Kevin