Re: Working With Conduit

> > Which two birds ? I mean, I don't understand the goal here. From the
> > link in your email, I understand conduit is a synchronization program
> > for user data across machines. Roughly, at least. So where does beagle
> > do in this picture ? Can you elaborate on that a little ?
> It's quite simple really. What does a beagle indexer do? It gets data out
> of an application, puts it into a format it understands and fires it at the
> index. What does a Conduit plugin do? One part is getting data out of an
> application, putting into a format the sync engine understands and fire it
> at the sync engine. What i'm offering is the ability to index data from any
> source that conduit supports as a sync source.
>
> KKubasik was also interested in the mapping data - "oh, this photo came
> from flickr account "foo bar", and this one from a digital camera".

Ok. If I understand you correctly, you are proposing some kind of Conduit
backend (or meta-backend if you will), which supplies data to beagle from all
the different sources that Conduit handles. I think it is possible to do
something like this. Either by using libbeagle or python bindings to send
data to beagle from Conduit or pulling data from Conduit from beagled itself.
Care has to be taken because Conduit and beagle might not be started at the
same time, but I dont see logically this can be done.