Re: Helper eating CPU

On Monday 16 April 2007 20:20, Joe Shaw wrote:
> You might want to take a look at:
> http://beagle-project.org/Troubleshooting_CPU
> for more info.
Thanks, ok the Ubuntu Edgy version seems to be quite old 0.2.9. Nevertheless I
already knew about the SIGUSR2, but that didn't work on my system. The helper
didn't print anything on my terminal (nor in the logfiles as far as I can
tell).

> Send the helper process SIGUSR2.  This signals the helper to print out
> the file that it's currently indexing to the logs.  That should
> hopefully narrow it down to a particular file which you can then run
> beagle-extract-content on and confirm the issue.
Well since the SIGUSR2 doesn't work on my system and 0.2.9 is quite old, let's
assume that the bug is fixed. I'll upgrade to feisty soon, so I'll come back
to you if the bug is still present on feistys beagle version (0.2.16.3
according to packages.ubuntu.com). Thanks for you help Joe and dBera!

Cheers,
	Florian
--
Florian Hackenberger