Re: Helper eating CPU

> Thanks, ok the Ubuntu Edgy version seems to be quite old 0.2.9.

Since you weren't able to reproduce the problem with extract-content and the
log file showed the problem was with matlab files, i am pretty sure this is
the pre-0.2.10 problem in whch the mime detection was not proper and slowed
down indexing (esp of .jar, .m and .js files):
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dashboard-hackers/2006-September/msg00043.html
Its fixed in 0.2.10.

> Nevertheless I already knew about the SIGUSR2, but that didn't work on my

That again in feisty only :(