Re: Helper eating CPU

On Monday 16 April 2007 01:48:13 pm Florian Hackenberger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The beagle helper sometimes eats my CPU for no reason. I would like to file
> a bug report about this issue, but I'm not able to identify the file
> causing the trouble. I have tried to check if beagle-extract-content craps
> out on any of the files, but it doesn't. I did:
>
> for file in `cat /home/hacki/Desktop/beagle_helper.log |grep 'file:\/' |
> egrep -o '\/home\/.*'`; do echo $file; beagle-extract-content $file
>
> > /dev/null; done
>
> But not a single of these files caused beagle-extract-content to spend more
> than half a second of time on it.
>
> I attached an excerpt from its logfile, could someone please point me into
> the right direction?

Which version of beagle ?
From the log file,
/home/hacki/Documents/studium/master_project/inverse_com_matlab/lwpr/lwr.m
/home/hacki/Documents/studium/master_project/inverse_com_matlab/lwpr/test_rfwr_2D.m
/home/hacki/Documents/studium/master_project/inverse_com_matlab/lwpr/test_lwr_1D.m
/home/hacki/Documents/studium/master_project/inverse_com_matlab/lwpr/test_lwpr_2D.m
/home/hacki/Documents/studium/master_project/inverse_com_matlab/lwpr/test_lwr_2D.m
/home/hacki/Documents/studium/master_project/inverse_com_matlab/lwpr/test_lwpr_1D.m
etc. files are taking more than 30 secs to index.

The 2nd column in the log file is the timestamp, HHmmSSxxxx. Before extracting
data begins, the line +file:///... is printed. The lines 'Helper Size' is
printed by a separate thread, so you can assume that till the next +file:///
is printed, data extraction from the previous file is in progress.