Re: Helper eating CPU


On 4/16/07, Florian Hackenberger <f hackenberger chello at> wrote:
The beagle helper sometimes eats my CPU for no reason. I would like to file a
bug report about this issue, but I'm not able to identify the file causing
the trouble.

You might want to take a look at:

for more info.

I have tried to check if beagle-extract-content craps out on any
of the files, but it doesn't. I did:

for file in `cat /home/hacki/Desktop/beagle_helper.log |grep 'file:\/' |
egrep -o '\/home\/.*'`; do echo $file; beagle-extract-content $file
> /dev/null; done

But not a single of these files caused beagle-extract-content to spend more
than half a second of time on it.

This is a good idea, but it's not working because the helper is stuck
on the "next" file.  That is, the "+file:///foo" is displayed when the
file has finished indexing.  The one it's stuck on hasn't been
displayed yet.

Send the helper process SIGUSR2.  This signals the helper to print out
the file that it's currently indexing to the logs.  That should
hopefully narrow it down to a particular file which you can then run
beagle-extract-content on and confirm the issue.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]