Re: Thunderbird Emails Stored in Non-Standard Locations

Debajyoti Bera wrote:
lately? 0.2.9 provided no relief. I tried an experiment and set up kmail
also in a non-standard location and those emails were NOT parsed either.
But I am not 100% confident that I set up the experiment properly.

If you store kmail emails in a nonstandard location (other than ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/...) then the kmail backend should be able to pick them up. The path is stored in kmail config file which is parsed by the kmail backend to figure out where to look for emails. This feature isnt widely tested, so there might be some bug in it. Please report if you find any bug. Thanks,

- dBera

What is the standard location for Thunderbird emails? Mine are in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/fe502luo.default/Mail/Local\ Folders, and they don't appear to be getting parsed - certainly they don't crop up in search results.

John