Thunderbird Emails Stored in Non-Standard Locations

Is there any work being done currently on parsing Thunderbird emails that are stored in a non-standard location? Havent read any comments lately? 0.2.9 provided no relief. I tried an experiment and set up kmail also in a non-standard location and those emails were NOT parsed either. But I am not 100% confident that I set up the experiment properly.

On my machine beagle does an excellent job indexing (unobtrusively) all files/folders I tell it to. But it does nothing with my extensive files of Thunderbird emails.

Cordially,
Richard Corbin