Re: [Newbie] Need info on setting up the sources for beagle.

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 13:41 +0530, Rogue wrote:
> 1. Can I develop / build the beagle code on a windows m/c using VS?

There is a *lot* of Mono- and Linux-specific code in Beagle, so it would
be a significant amount of work to get it to build or run on Windows.
Of course, you could always develop using VS.Net and build on Linux over
Samba, but I don't see that as being a very good use of your time. ;)

> 2. Are there any preferred IDEs which are being used by you guys?

I use XEmacs to develop and build/run in a terminal.  For a little while
I tried using MonoDevelop, and if you set it up you can get things like
autocomplete, but building/running/debugging from inside it can't be
done right now.

> I prefer working with IDEs as compared to text-editors... sorry about
> that.. so I would love to know if there is some way to set up the
> whole thing within an IDE.

I'd recommend trying MonoDevelop; it's really nice but it'll require
some setup (you'll have to import all the sources into a
solution/project and add assembly references, etc.)