Re: baegle daemon always indexing

does that also happen for thunderbird?
as far a i understand, thunderbird backend also uses files and so your explanations would mean that thunderbird backend also has to rescan everything from start, after beagle restart?! that would explain, why my beagle always turns wild at startup...

D Bera wrote:
And if I start beagled with exercise the dog, it starts indexing
everything (again).
In the next few days I'll try to remove my beagle folder and index
everything again...

Dont do that. Instead you can punch me in the face :(
DateTime handling was incorrect prior to 0.2.12; I fixed it in 0.2.13
except one place which got slipped my attention. The result of this
half-fix was that restarting beagle would cause it to re-index
everything. Basically, any time beagle tries to determine if a file is
already indexed, it will fail. So, if you re-start beagled, or dont
have inotify (so beagle will have to crawl periodically) your
documents will be indexed over and over again.
The other problems doesnt look familiar though; repeated indexing is
not supposed to increase the size of the Index folder. Also if you
have inotify, everything should be indexed exactly once for each
restart. I will have a look at your exceptions.

(The above mentioned problem has been fixed in CVS, btw).