Re: baegle daemon always indexing

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 10:45 +0100, Hinrich Aue wrote:
> I'm trying to use beagle on kubuntu now since some weeks, but right now it
> doesn' make sense.
> I can let my PC run for days and it won't stop indexing.
> I reduced the amou t of file to be indexed, same problem.
>
> I habe INotify amnd xattr, but can I see it is beeing used?
>
> If that's the case, I don't know hoe to use beagle, my system is only
> responisve for a minute every 15 minutes or so. Harddisk is working all the
> time.

I believe Kubuntu ships with Beagle 0.2.9, which has bugs that can cause
this.  I suggest trying 0.2.13, which is the latest released version.

You may also want to watch this bug:

        https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/beagle/+bug/64326

for updates.

You may also gain some insight by looking at the ~/.beagle/Log files.

Thanks,