Re: More Gaim Alias Fixes

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 07:29 -0400, Kevin Kubasik wrote:
> We were assigning the speakingto_alias and speakingto_icon values in
> HitFilter, which was not passing those changes back as the hit was
> approved. If we store those values at index time as opposed to query
> time, they are stored and retrieved without issue.

I believe the reason it was done at query-time is because the alias can
be changed by the user at any point, and it's stored only in the
buddy-list (and not in the index), and in the user interface you want to
display the current alias, not what it was when it was indexed.

Of course, if it didn't work then there's another issue here. :)  But I
don't think that indexing the alias is the right thing to do.

I believe either Fredrik or Lukas wrote that code.  You might want to
check in with them about it.

One nitpick about the patch:

> log.Debug (" Re-Indexing " + buddy.BuddyAccountName + "'s alias as: " + buddy.Alias);

Use string formatting for this type of thing.  It's a lot easier to read
and is probably more efficient (fewer allocations):

        log.Debug ("Re-Indexing {0}'s alias as: {1}", buddy.BuddyAccountName, buddy.Alias);