Re: Another Thunderbird Issue

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 10:14 -0400, Rick Friedman wrote:
> Joe Shaw wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 20:30 -0400, Rick Friedman wrote:
> >> I don't think that's the problem. beagle-search seems to be running the
> >> correct executable. In my case it's: thunderbird. When I double-click on
> >> an email entry in beagle-search, the Thunderbird app starts up (or, if
> >> already running, the Thunderbird window is brought to the top). The
> >> problem is that a thunderbird message window is not opened with the
> >> chosen email. Beagle-search doesn't seem to tell thunderbird which email
> >> should be displayed.
> >
> > What version of Thunderbird are you running?  My understanding is that
> > 1.0 was (due to a bug) unable to open individual messages, but that this
> > was fixed in 1.5.  Pierre or Kevin would probably know more details.
> >
> > Joe
>
> I'm running version 1.5.0.5 of Thunderbird.
>
> Rick

Hi Rick,

I'm also running Debian/Sid (so same versions of everything). I'm seeing
a different behaviour, which is quite funny. When I click on a
thunderbird email on beagle-search, thunderbird does shows me the
correct email, but not a single window, but in the three panel window
(so the message is in the bottom right panel). Interestingly, the top
right panel, which should show a list of the other messages in the same
folder is empty (!!).

Also, it opens the message in a new three-panel window every time (of
course, this would be fine if it were opening the message in a single
panel window). So in my case, Thunderbird is not brought to the top if
it is already running.

Cheers,
Carlos