Re: Firefox trickiness

On 10/17/05, Dan Nicholson <dbn lists gmail com> wrote:
> Did you happen to see this post I made this morning
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dashboard-hackers/2005-October/msg00079.html?
>  I don't know if this is your problem, but it builds gecko-utils.cpp.
> I haven't tested to see if it actually gathers data from mozilla.  If
> that is you're problem getting libgeckoglue.so to work, please try the
> solution from that post.

I posted last week, so I was going to ask you if you saw mine :) but
as I realized, I ended up taking my subsequent replies off-list.
(Whoops.)  I didn't get the same error as you (mine was the same as
this post: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dashboard-hackers/2005-June/msg00070.html),
but I bet we're having the same general problem, i.e. using Firefox
1.5.  But I'll give your solution a shot also.

I'm still interested in brainstorming a way to get around this so
we're not relying on a specific installation of Firefox.  I think 1.5
is slated to be released soon....

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com